A Civil War Tribute on the Music Stand
PBS-TV stations nationwide last week aired filmmaker Ken Burns’ award-winning 1990 documentary series The Civil War, commemorating the 150th anniversary of the first shots in that bloody chapter in US history.
Fiddler Jay Ungar composed the haunting theme song, “Ashokan Farewell,” which played a big role setting the mood of the documentary. Twenty-five versions of the fiddle tune, including the plaintive solo-fiddle version, can be heard throughout... Continue
- The Emersons: Reflecting on Change, Pt. II
- The Emersons: Reflecting on Change, Pt. I
- Montreal Chamber Music Fest—Brandenburgs a la Wallfisch
- The Montreal Chamber Music Festival—Canada's Instrument Bank Steals the Show
- More from Montreal: The Les Petits Violons School