Strings magazine, publisher of award-winning content for active string players, seeks an Editorial Assistant with experience working on websites, a knowledge of the violin, and editorial training to work on its website, e-newsletters, and magazine.
As part of the Strings editorial team, the Editorial Assistant will work with the editors to update web content and e-newsletters while assisting with the music departments in the magazine.
Qualifications and Skills
• ability to play a violin with classical training
• experience maintaining, updating, or building websites
• data-entry skills
• familiarity with social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc) and an understanding of how these can be used for editorial marketing
• prior editorial or journalism experience or equivalent training/education
• proven ability to meet multiple deadlines
• knowledge of classical and popular string music in a variety of genres
This is a full-time, in-office position in San Rafael, California, with competitive salary and benefits. Telecommuting is not an option.
Interested, qualified applicants should email a cover letter, resume, references, and up to three published writing samples to editorial director Dan Gabel, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state EDITORIAL ASSISTANT RESUME in the subject line. Our less-preferred method is by fax: (415) 485-0831. No phone calls, please.
About String Letter Publishing
String Letter Publishing is the source of information, instruction, and inspiration for guitar and string players of all ages and musical interests, from beginners to professionals. Our magazines, books, newsletters, digital guides, sheet music and websites serve the practical needs and interests of musicians, teachers, and the music trade, keeping the members of this creative community in touch and up to date.
The String Letter staff is a small group of friendly, creative, and hard-working professionals who meet tight deadlines while working both collaboratively and individually. Like our readers, most of us at String Letter actively play an instrument from the novice to semi-pro level, and we are passionate about sharing music, advice, and instruction with our readers through our products.
Strings is the dominant magazine and website for the string community. We provide engaging news, profiles, musical instruction, expert gear information, time-tested advice, and inspiration for string players at all levels and in all styles.
- Perlman Works His Magic at Disney Hall
- Josefowicz, Salonen: A Romantic Dream Factory
- A Cello Concerto Fit for a Starship Crew
- Zagreb Chamber-Music Fest, Day 4
- Zagreb Chamber-Music Fest, Day 3
- Zagreb Chamber-Music Fest, Day 2
- Zagreb Chamber-Music Fest, Day 1
- Cremona Opens Museum of the Violin
- LACO Leaves Critic Scratching His Head
- Remembering Fred Katz, the Father of Jazz Cello