Violinist, violist, teacher, and coach Edith Eisler was Strings’ corresponding editor in New York and wrote for the publication since its inception in 1986. She began studying violin at age six in her native Vienna and has performed solo and chamber music in Europe and North America. Eisler died in 2011.
- Bela Bartok: 44 Duos for Two Violins; Gyorgy Legeti: Ballad and Dance; Gyorgy Kurtag: Ligatura
- Beethoven: Violin Concerto in D major; Romances in F and G major.
- Haydn: String Quartets Op. 76, 77, 103. Amadeus Quartet
- Beethoven: Complete Violin Sonatas.
- Corelli: Violin Sonatas, Op. 5
- Legendary Violinists of the Past